Old 2012-12-31, 23:16   Link #23
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Jonathan Joestar,

a list:

Touma from A Certain Magical Index
Hayate, the Combat Butler
Taichi Yaegashi from Kokoro Connect (He's such a White Knight, he kicked himself in his own balls to help a girl out.)
Marika from Bodacious Space Pirates. You'd think if anyone would be a dark MC it'd be a pirate, but no, Marika is a pretty straight privateer.
Koyomi Araragi from Bakemonogatari
Shichika from Katanagatari
Satou in Ben-To
Daikichi from Bunny Drop
Okumura Rin from Blue Exorcist

The only one I can think of that fits your list is Kanba from Penguindrum. But even in Penguindrum he is offset by Shouma who is the opposite.
I don't think Touma has any issues, hes pretty good, I mean the only thing he has is his punch (can someone say sniper?)
Hayate = he's a comedy character so I don't think it counts, plus that show is bad, mostly thanks to Tsundere. . . (after S1)
Taichi(kokoro connect) . . .yeah fuck him, I hated that guy lol
Marika is Awesome, It'd be hard to even catagorize an mc like her, especially in a show like that
Shichika, wasn't really a gary stu, it was obvious that he was going to get all twelve swords (12 episodes of 40 minutes each) he was just strong, but it served the story, and a deus ex machina still didn't help him when it counted
"never saw ben-to but ill check it out"
Daikichi = blame the author for that one, because ...DAT ENDING...WTF
Rin form Blue exorcist. . .actaully tha anime changed a LOT from the source material, that guy had a freakin hard time in the original manga, they pretty much turn that over on its head in the anime(which is why I dropped it) although with a premise like that, its kinda hard to not go into dbz mode there...I eventually dropped the source material as it was just going no where. and I don't think that Rin would fit the Op's list. . .maybe some parts like deus ex machina (literally lol) but in most of these cases its the rest of the story thats bad, not really the "gary stu"(except kokoro connect. . .fuck that taichi guy he's the #1 gary stu, he gary stu's so hard that the anime tried to make some failed character development mini arc on how much of a gary stu he is. . .that was a failure)

Penguin-drum: well I thought that penguin drum was a bad, pretentious, waste of space that should have never been aired so I hated all the characters equally, even the fucking penguins. . .fuck penguins!

anyway of that list really the only guy that would fufill the ops list would be taichi
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote