View Single Post
Old 2009-09-29, 05:41   Link #5668
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
It has been my experience that once 3 beats 2 and 1 up and leaves, that the first one to get up again (between 1 and 2) will pick up a rock and bash the other's unconcious skull in. Then they'll wait until 3 falls asleep and repeat the process.

This is the crux of the debate between Lelouch and Suzaku's ideologies at the start of the series. People will die one way or another, either because change happens too quickly, or because it doesn't happen quickly enough.

The thing is, at the start of the series, Lelouch and Suzaku have almost no power. By the ZR arc, they rule half the world, and the other half called Lelouch the Emperor of Justice. The UFN was going to accept him, until he went crazy on them.

Hate is irrelevant. Most real world countries still dislike and distrust each other at best, but they get along anyway thanks to diplomacy.

You seem to be the one who thinks reality is nicer than it really is, not blade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
no...
thats step one
already in place
step two is signing a fucking peace treaty and pulling back his forces from anywhere that is NOT britannian territory
hence, no war.

the whole POINT of peace treaties is to PREVENT conflicts
besides, who's going to take part in said conflicts ?
britannia's army is in britannia
the UFN's army is in the UFN
who's going to fight ?

as is shnizel
and as did charles
the problem with lelouch's plan wasnt its effectiveness, but its necessity
he had other, more peaceful ways, and he intentionally didnt go there because he wanted THAT path
he wanted to DIE to atone
too bad he has an ego the size of japan, and cant simply shoot himself
so instead he drags the whole world into another round of fighting, just so his death would have "meaning"
Ok Ok, I give in you guys.

I don't have much war education so my assumptions might be the less realistic one.

I still want to justify the show a bit more though...Reality can never be fantasy I guess..

Just one question: Britannia is the U.S., right? and the "UFN" was all the AREAS?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote