View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 23:05   Link #3850
Ozuma-Rii
Heya~ I am a Ranka-addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Sure, Alto was the male main protagonist. If you want to delude yourself that Sheryl wasn't the female main protagonist, be my guest. ^^
I'd beg to differ, but when you see the TV version, it is very obvious a certain green-haired girl is the main protagonist, if you wanted to talk about male and female protagonists.
In the movie, it is much the same. Let me highlight the details.

Ranka--important plot device, grows from a child-like personality to one who shoulders the responsibility of both the well being of the Vajura and Humanity. She gets character depth, and growth.

Alto--the pilot of the VF, he is the fighter of the series, and the center of the love triangle, 'nuff said.

Sheryl--the big brother/sister mentor of Ranka, and overall supporting the development of Alto and Ranka. Gets little plot development, if you want a literary analysis I would say static, since she mostly stays the same, because she does not need it as the role of the supporter

This is purely my opinion though...
Though be my guest if you want to continue taking Sheryl as the protagonist, I seriously have no idea how you got to that conclusion.