View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 09:14   Link #53
marvelB

^The sliced limbs act independently when the limbs in question are..... independent. The centaurs are a different case from the samurai because at least the animal limbs are connected to human "hosts", whereas the samurai's limbs were scattered all around the island, separated from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
From what I gathered his name is Kinemon the Hitodama (Will o' Wisp). Why they would nickname him Will o' Wisp when he uses tanuki like powers is beyond me...but I've seen worst titles in OP

Okay, thanks for clearing that up if true. I guess I'll just refer to the samurai as Kinemon, then. As for the hitodama/will-o'-the-wisp nickname, I think I can actually field that one:

See, Aohige explained before that Kinemon's transformation power is usually associated not only with tanuki, but kitsune (Japanese fox spirits), as well. These particular foxes are also known to produce little balls of fire called kitsune-bi (or fox fire), which are a similar to..... you guessed it, the will-o'-the-wisp. With that info in mind, it's looking more likely that our samurai friend may be a kitsune-type mythical zoan, rather than a tanuki.