View Single Post
Old 2007-06-06, 23:07   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Then again, I find it highly enjoyable stuff. I believe it to be highly tied to an English way of making comedy... which conversely is linked to an Argentinian way of making comedy
It's all in the quirkiness. "GENTLEMAN! CONFUSE THY.....CAT!"

Like I said though, without Lucky Channel that's two extra minutes of characters time, and since the comedy seems to build strength cumulatively in the 4th quarter (don't ask me why) only to be cut off by Lucky Channel, (which I swear has made me gone "AWWWWWWWWW" as if it were my favourite show climaxing only to be interrupted by a Bush speech on more than one occassion) it's absences added kick to the show could hardly be measured. Imagine the episode continuing to build right through to the credits into something overwhelmingly funny, leaving each episode to end on a high note rather than a sour one with Akira's unfunny antics.

@Risaa: Don't consider cutting Lucky Channel as killing Lucky Channels bit, but consider it being converted into something potentially greater.

As for watching a show for Seiyuu, most people wouldn't, but Aya Hirano has become something of a special case (sort of). Though in all honesty I can't picture any people here ever watching Battle B'Daman just to hear her voice. So even she's a no in the end for the "baitless hook".

As for what I mean by that, A Seiyuu can be a hook, but the hook has to have bait (the shows content) for the fish (the viewers) to follow it all the way up the line (not drop it). As for me only two Seiyuu are hooks and they are Rie Kugimiya and Kappei Yamaguchi. I tend to give shows with them in it more leeway.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-06-06 at 23:21.