View Single Post
Old 2008-01-22, 16:54   Link #162
devildog23
Summerlurking

To be honest, I don't think the Giants stand a chance against the Patriots. But this is coming from an Eagles fan, so don't take what I have to say too seriously. Tom Brady has plenty of time [two weeks] to recover from that ankle injury that he just recently acquired and hes been known to step up his game in the big game. Expect a huge game out of Brady. Eli Manning proved that he can lead his team and manage the game in big games, but in previous years, hes been known to do bad in any game that is over hyped(including playoffs). I'm not counting him out, but I'm expecting the old Eli Manning to show up to Superbowl XLII.

I see the Patriots 19-0 at the end of the season. When the Giants beat the Packers, it was Eli Manning that had the biggest part. When the Giants beat the Cowboys, it was the Giants Defense that made the difference and yet, I don't see their make-shift secondary stopping Tom Brady and all the weapons given to him. I mean its like giving a kid a loaded gun.

True, in week 17 the Giants came close to beating them, BUT they didn't beat them.

Heres my prediction
Superbowl XLII [42] @ Arizona - Giants 20 - Patriots 31 - I think the Patriots will come out gunning and get off to an early lead, then the Giants will make it a game late, but the Patriots will pull through with Brady making a drive to take the lead and holding it. Patriots defense might have a hard time stopping Brandon Jacobs, who could be the X-Factor for the Giants. Toomer could have a big game as well. I think Plaxico and Eli will be the Patriots main focus and their defensive scheme will focus on them.. As for the Patriots, expect Brady and Wes Welker (yeah you heard me, Welker) to have big games. With the Giant's defense, I think they will have trouble covering the Patriots slot receiver [Welker]. Moss will probably draw double coverage and will make some big plays. Maroney will be a key factor like he was when they played the Chargers.

Don't let the final score fool you, it will probably be a hell of a game.
devildog23 is offline   Reply With Quote