View Single Post
Old 2013-03-10, 19:31   Link #214
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Other than that, this is a brilliant idea. I wonder whether Cooper would occupy a position similar to Sinon, but acting as Kirito's Wingman of sorts. In-fact, this could easily end in Kirito travelling in a party that includes Asuna, Lizbeth and Scillia in the last six months, or even sooner.

How do you plan on dealing with the Black Cats? Also, given that we don't know how Asuna and Kirito went their separate ways after Concerto, you'll probably be straying into material that'd probably be shot to hell once Progressive Volume 2 comes out.

But, go for it!
Nothing is set in stone past the first floor mind you, but as for the Black Cats in particular... there is only a few ways I can deal with them; either Coper and Kirito join them, and events proceed naturally like what occurred in canon, they never meet, or they join them but manage to "save" them.

Should the Black Cats actually survive, I would be venturing into a heavily different AU since the Black Cats untimely demise is a rather large event in Kirito's Aincrad life, but having them become a new 'top' guild might be interesting, what with politics and such. But, on the other hand, Sachi might "steal" Kirito away before he hooks up with Asuna, but maybe Coper can have her? I don't intend to break up Kirito and Asuna unless I suddenly hate her, which I doubt will happen.

Regardless, the Black Cats don't show up until April of 2023, so I've got ~5 months of 'Aincrad time' to think about what to do before they show up.

I shall take your advice and bold my A/N entirely (about Coper) with advice to google the side-story up if I am not believed. Thank you for your advice, I am currently writing up an infodump about weapon types, damage types, weapon proficiencies, sword skills, etc, etc. I wonder if I should disguise the infodump across several chapters as a monologue of Coper as he explains things, or just an "Extra/Bonus" chapter that explains game mechanics.

As for Coper's role, I plan on making him a Tank/DPS hybrid character, with some "light" armor (similar to Diabel's level of armor: greaves, breastplate, and pauldrons only, not heavy armor like Schmitt) with Coper relying on his movement, shield & parry skills for the majority of his defense. Although him and Kirito will start off as near-equals, they will not remain so as the story proceeds, which is something Coper can notice, and is a big reason why Coper takes up the mantle of tank, allowing Kirito to go full-blown DPS.

Last edited by styr; 2013-03-10 at 19:52.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote