View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 12:59   Link #25903
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
Simple, there were no murder game in EP1 and 2, the theory really started going out after ep3 and 4. It kinda solidify in ep5 and was really present in ep6.
Yeah I tend to believe this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
Rosa would need to have noticed it and rebelled instantly against any plan they might have had, which means that she would have shot Yasu in her face the moment she noticed they where really dead or when she found Jessica stabbed. So it comes back to some form of collusion with Yasu.
I still want to know what happened when Rosa went up to Kinzo's room with Shannon. If Rosa was the only one there with a gun... then I don't see how she wouldn't try to force whatever she wanted out of Yasu instead of going through some convoluted game to get some reward from Beatrice.

Which is why I proposed the idea a while ago that Rosa somehow didn't know that Shannon (or Kanon) was the mastermind.

Actually, there's that Rosa ending in the new Ougon Musou Kyoku game which kind of supports this theory, because, assuming the OMK ending was based off of EP2, if Rosa knew Shannon was Beatrice then she wouldn't be looking for her after killing Battler; she'd know Beatrice was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Or...

1) Yasu sets the trigger on "on" when everyone is asleep somewhere between 0:01 and 5:00 of October 5th
2) Yasu kills Kumasawa and Nanjo at the very time they disappear (or shortly after) in secret place "x"
3) Yasu brings Gohda and George to Natsuhi's room where she kills them.
4) Then Yasu makes a phone call to Genji (who is her accomplice, albeit he won't kill people himself) telling him to prepare Nanjo's and Kumasawa's corpses and so on.
5) Before Genji finishes the preparations Yasu kills herself creating the final closed room.
6) profit (sort of...)
That's all sensible, but we were talking about a what-if scenario with Genji being completely innocent of any involvement in real murder (his lies being merely part of what he thought was a murder game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
AuraTwilight said that Tohya wrote the stories and Ikuko edited. I remember reading that Tohya gave ideas and Ikuko wrote. Which is it? I haven't actually read the second half of EP8, but you can see I have spoiled myself a bit. Can't really help it if I frequent this thread.
We don't really know. The Ikuko/Touya backstory comes to an end right at the point when Touya's memory returns, so we never actually learn anything directly about the writing process surrounding the Rokkenjima fictions themselves. However, up to that point we learn some things that can perhaps help us guess:
  • At first Ikuko writes Mystery novels as a hobby but never releases them... and it's implied that she doesn't because she feels they are somehow not good enough to be released to the public. Touya is the only one who reads them.
  • At some point the two of them co-write a story which both of them are very pleased with, and they both give each other all the credit: Ikuko says it was Touya's plot that made it good, and Touya says it was Ikuko's writing that made it good.
  • They publish this story and apparently become known writers (because in episode 6 Ange would have to know of the author "Hachijou Touya" in the first place in order to make the 18^8 connection).
  • Keep in mind this all happens before Touya's memory returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazar View Post
I have quite a bit of questions regarding the series (Haven't finished Ep8, but saw quite a lot of spoilers about, so feel free to say anything regarding it)

So, first question is, how did Sakutaro end up in Kawabata's house?
Did he find it somewhere around Rokkenjima? Did he find it in one piece?
Well, in Rondo (the PS3 version of Umineko) we are actually shown a whole bag full of Sakutarous at Kawabata's place. There are various theories about this, ranging from "Rosa just bought some random mass-produced toy and lied to Maria when she said she made it" to "Rosa made Sakutarou for Maria and later had her company mass-produce Sakutarou", as well as some others.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote