View Single Post
Old 2012-03-03, 01:38   Link #1961
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What I am looking for is simple; for the intended way to play the game, be also the most fun way to play. I spent far too much time in ME2 looking up the wiki for getting maximum Paragon in every decision, rather than actually play. Very bad for immersion.
This. I didn't have this problem in ME1 because I could set how I wanted to play by raising the Intimidate skill (my Shepard is 70/30 Renegade/Paragon, Jerkass heroine extraordinaire) rather than having to farm Renegade points.

For a while with ME2 I'd just farm all the easy/meaningless Renegade points (Zaeed's loyalty mission, intimidate options with merchants) and add those to my bonus from importing an ME1 character. But really, it's so bad, especially when you need HUGE amounts of Renegade or Paragon points to make the special dialog choices when they really matter.

Thank goodness for save game editors. Opening that and giving my Renegade score a 300 point boost made the game significantly more fun, without having to make choices that my Shepard wouldn't naturally make (like leaving Dr. Archer's brother with Cerberus at the end of Project Overlord, or losing the loyalty of Miranda or Jack after completing both loyalty missions).

Hopefully ME3's changes to the Renegade/Paragon system will alleviate this problem, allowing me to take the Intimidate or Charm options as I see fit, as feels natural for "my" particular iteration of Commander Shepard.