View Single Post
Old 2009-12-12, 11:13   Link #4054
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Isn't that already a bit weird? Ignore the oddity of Kanon for a moment, as we're all aware of that one. Isn't it kinda weird that Battler sees so many of the bodies so much of the time? I don't buy that every killer is trying to make the thing look like a ritual. So why do all these easily-discovered bodies crop up? Why not make some effort to hide them?

Are they being hidden, then exposed by the "ritualist" to look like a ritual? Are they left where they are because the killer doesn't have the time to hide them? Does the killer want the bodies found for a reason unrelated to the appearance of a ritual?

If we accept that there are multiple killers, the notion that they'd all follow a fake ritual is pretty implausible. There must be at least one killer who wants their crimes to go unnoticed. So how come Kanon (and a few bodies Battler never sees) is the odd man out in terms of not being found?
I think it's plainly obvious:

Kinzo(Or someone else, assuming him for now) created the Epitaph to jog Battler's memory on the off chance he forgot whatever he was told 6 years ago.

Somebody with no care for the Epitaph decides they need to kill people. How many is unknown, as well as the reason.

Staker X(I assume Human!Beato) has knowledge of Battler's sin, and perhaps conspiring with the murderer, agrees to help hide the bodies. Of course, instead they dresses them up to make it look like the ritual as described in the Epitaph.

EP3 was caused by their somehow being incapacitated, so a newbie(Perhaps Eva?) was enlisted to help, with the promise of having her husband and son spared.

"Hopeful" scenario:

Battler thinks about the Epitaph, realizes it's talking about his sin, and fixes everything as he is now the head of the Ushiromiyas.

"Other" scenario:

What's happened so far.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote