View Single Post
Old 2011-04-26, 00:39   Link #1005
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
No they definitely do. Male characters in shows like these tend to be used as comic relief or obnoxious antagonists only as opposed to real characters with actual depth. You're not supposed to be focusing on them anyway though.
lol, so have you actually tried watching it?

But yea, I always thought each show had a "2 fail male character limit". Typically this consists of one guy who is hilariously inept at communication, usually with the other gender and a clown for comic relief. This is pretty standard and all, but here I just wish to slap most of them.

Well, the old guy is funny.
Quote:
Also sounds like this show is following the rule where any show with an overwhelming female cast that takes place at least partially in a school eventually turns into a slow-paced light comedy no matter how it starts off. In this case the transformation appears to occur the second they get to the school parts and if I had to guess you probably won't see any more drama until the final episodes.
Hmm, that's not too horrific. I wasn't necessarily in it for serious drama, but I sure hope at least the humor will keep up, and not have me rolling me eyes while watching this. Like episode 1 and 2 had me laugh, but the next two didn't. Parts of it were really boring.

So I do hope you are wrong, since I have to admit not being particular in to this kind of genre and I may not even make it to the end at this rate. The show is still watchable though, just disappointing to me regardless of metric. Currently the entire show to me is carried by the main character, if that can change, it'll be fine.

Honestly, I think episode 3 has caused me to be very harsh on this anime, and I have to admit PA Works is not a "brand" I have that much umm... confidence in. But don't give up... yet.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-04-26 at 00:54.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote