View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 11:04   Link #87
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
The only possible issues I see with this have to do with the timeline. The eradication of the Quincy's was supposed to have taken place 200 years ago. So if Isshin partook in that war and got involved with Misaki and Ryuuken then, that would make Misaki and Ryuuken too old. With that said, I don't see why we can't take your theory and modify a little bit. If Isshin really was apart of the old blood war, it might be more plausible to believe that he defected from the war for reasons that had nothing to do with love. Perhaps he went AWOL simply because he disagreed with the slaughter of the Quincy's and the way it was being handled. And perhaps meeting Ryuuken and Misaki was merely a result of remaining in the human world and staying in contact with the Ishida clan the entire time.
the war might have happened 200 years ago but who's to say that soul society didn't try to get rid of the surviving quincy? we all know that the war wasn't successful in rendering the quincy extinct. maybe isshin was part of a group that was tasked to eradicate remaining quincy that included ryuuken and masaki. if soul society did try to eliminate all the quincy, adults and children alike, then it would further explain why the vandenreich harbor so much anger towards the shinigami. isshin might actually have committed treason against soul society and tried to hide/protect these remaining quincy. this could also be the reason why he had to use his final getsuga tenshou and lost all his shinigami powers in the process. it's just a theory though.