View Single Post
Old 2006-08-20, 02:31   Link #49
USCPharmacist

I am surprise that no one talks about Higurashi Daybreak here, even though the game has been out for quite some times. Anyway here is my impression of the game so far. The good is that the game is easy to learn and hell of fun. The bad is that some characters are not very balance, and that net play is very difficult to achieve if you don't know how to speak Japanese.

Here are some analysis of some of the characters, know that I am no expert and only play the game for a few days, so opinions may change later, especially after I have more experience fighting against human opponents instead of the pathetic A.I.

Top tier character so far:
Akane: Oh my god not only is she a MILF, she is one badass mother! She pretty much owns all melee combat. Her hits are fast and fierce and have insane reach. Her cool down rate is pretty long after each slash, however; so don't keep pressing the attack button like an idiot. Her "slash" version has powerful projectile attack that has large hit box. So spaming projectiles is not a bad way to go. And if the enemy get too close, own them with your insane melee attack will ensure victory. Her "bust" version has no spamable projectile attack (it is slow and good only against enemy jump at or away from you), instead she charge at her enemy at high speed, sometimes blocking enemies' attack. Comebine this skill with her already insane charging speed and equally insane slashing distance you can close in on some opponents miles aways in secs, cuting their heads off without them realizing what hit them. Unfortunately, sometimes she overshoots her enemy if you judge your distance wrong. You will be vulnerable for a moment and the comp will almost always exploit this weakness. The "bust" version lvl 2 super is a 360 degree attack that will knock down everything around Akane and most likely killing them in the process, and it can be use in a combo and in the air. The draw bad is that if you miss, there is also a 2-3 seconds cool down period for her before she can even move.

All of these pwnageness come with a price, however. Akane can't move worthshit. Her normal movement speed is.... let's say she is walking. She also has low defense and very short stamina bar. All these translate to a very slow character most of the time but insanely fast for a split sec, then back to turtle speed again. So if you want to play her well you need to spend your stamina very carefully and make sure all your attack will hit before attacking. Still her good points far out weigh her back point to put her on top tier for now.

Kasai (sp?): Agent smith wannabe but no less weak. This dude wrote the book on fire arm combat. In fact I think he is stronger than Akane because he is more versitile, and move a lot faster.

Shotgun Kasai use a shotgun, basically spraying a large numer of bullets at his enemy at once that are almost impossible to avoid. He also has a sniper rifle attack that has a very small hitbox. So you can avoid easily, provided that you anticipate it because the bullet flies very fast and has very long range. His lvl 2 super is a bunch of homing missiles, so....run like hell when he does it

Machinegun Kasai shoot a stream of bullets at his enemy. Don't spam it like an idiot though, because bullets can take time to regenerate. Use in short burst is the best. His lvl one super is a rocket launcher that launch small non homing missiles that spread, smilar to his shotgun but hit harded. His lvl 2 super is the funniest because it is literially a freaking nuke!!!! I won't tell you much, because I think it's something you should experience hehehe. The best way to use it is to sneak that nuke on your enemy from the back while they are not watching and watch it goes BOOOOOOOM!!!!

Melee-wise, Kasai can hold his own, provided you know when to attack and counter attack. I would not recomend it has his primary offensive strategy, however; he is build to fight with his gun, so just do it.

To be Continue tomorrow...
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote