View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 06:35   Link #834
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Forget leveling; how do you acquire more money without getting pwned by waypoint costs? :S

I mean it's really stupid if I can zip to a event but the prize from the event is only slightly more than cost it takes to waypoint there. It's even worse when I'm going through the other 1-15 zones and can lose more money than I gain from getting to the hearts. So I have to walk everywhere anyways. At high levels when the hearts start running out, what can be done? This also makes meeting up with people even more annoying.

The costs should be based on distance and area level. I'm already getting leveled down when I enter a low area. So what's the point of having a nice, balanced system like level scaling and then making it unreasonable to go back to that area anyways?
I get 1.5 gold to 2 gold every 2 hours in WvW. I'm not sure if that's considered fast or slow but it's something I can live with. WvW doesn't require teleport fees as it's all instant teleports, free teleports, and free mists travel.

On the down side, it is open PvP and death (fairly often depending on what you are doing) does break your equipment. Some of my WvW buddies simply run naked. (We call naked people in borderlands 'old spice guys' xD)

You gain money through these methods:

1. Taking over supply camps and capping it.
2. Killing sentries and capping it.
3. Hold down 'ctrl' to see items on the ground; go into the middle lake and pick up pearls and give them to Quaggan villagers. Giving them enough of them completes a 'capture the node' quest (for the weather station).
4. Doing massacre mob quests in the two top corners of the map and also the veteran that spawns.
5. Killing veteran mobs littered in the corners of the map.

At level 80, these give something like 13,336 exp, 300~400 karma, 1+ silver. Killing supply camp's Guild Claimer also gives you badges of honor which can be traded for exotic (orange) gear.

I ranked them 1 to 5 in descending order of contribution to your server. Killing veteran mobs doesn't benefit anyone except the people who were attacking it for the sake of quest reward. I usually just do 1, 2 and 5. 3 and 4 are too inconvenient and waste of time. I feel bad if I was taking up space and not doing something productive.

Participating in tower/keep sieges is unpredictable and can cost you more money than you earn. You'd have to pay attention to map/team chat for you are needed for a huge server-sized siege.

------
What's absolutely ridiculous is the value of real money in this game. $1 = 16 silver? Farming quests like my friends and I do in WvW makes almost as much game coin as to what a part-time minimum wage job gives when you transfer that money into gems and then coin =.="
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote