View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 00:25   Link #121
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I disagree, but that's a matter of perspective, I guess.

I don't remember it that way, but it sounds convenient to keep the "story" going on in-game, instead of IRL, which would sell less.

Sorry, but I can not avoid meta-thinking events, saving 2,000 lives from a demented genius who sold his soul in a corporation, sounds like the perfect ticket for bringing down a corrupt pedophile, and if doesn't work with the father, the policies, or the antagonists, it would certainly sell to tabloids, which have published even more absurd crap in our contemporary real world
You are acting like Kirito knows everything that the audience knows. He doesn't, and he is also only 16 years old ontop of it. That's half of our age Malkuth. He is going on the only clue he has, the only way he can find out what happened to Asuna.

He can't go to the police. He can't go to her father. He can't go to the tabloids. It would do more harm for him than good. And even if he did, there's a good chance it would just make rape-pants brainwash her as a last ditch desperation effort.