View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 14:34   Link #10
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I still wonder if we can re-word some of the stats to give a better impression of what they are telling and what we are measuring by using them.

Offense and Defense speaks for itself, so does Intelligence...

Speed is one that may need to be clarified a bit more... I assume that Agility is a factor into it but one does not have to be speedy to have agility, it's just a stereotype that the skinnier someone is, the more agile they are, which isn't always the case but I suppose Agility can be included by the over-encompassing attribute of Speed.

The problem ones are Stamina and Durability - moreso in how the stats themselves are worded. I think that Durability should be the overall measure of physical constitution & durablilty while having the magical side just be labled 'Magical Power'. If it was Bleach, it would be Reiatsu...but I don't think that Mashima gave us a term other than 'Magical Power' to go off of, which sucks...

So, my attribute list is as follows:

Offense - MAG attack capability/can also factor in PHY attack capability if needed
Defense - MAG defensive capability
Speed - movement speed, agility, reflexes
Intelligence - knowledge, tatical, stragetic, instinctual
Durability - PHY endurance
Magical Power - how much magical power is at their personal disposal

Willpower - How much of a Determinator are they? This might take care of that pesky 'nakama power' stat since willpower can also include emotional state in it - how much are they willing to push themselves in a battle to win.

If the current graph set is not enough, or if we so choose, we can always expand the list and make sub lists beneath the main groupings, like so:

Offense : A+
Physical STR - A
Magicial ATT - A+

or like this -

Speed : A-
Movement - B
Agility - A
Reflexes - B+

I have the letters set up similar to how the Mage Class rankings are set up:

E - normal human type with little to no training (book keepers, bankers, traders, etc)

D - Low lvl Mook

C - High Lvl/Captain lvl Mook (Twilight Ogre), Pre-time skip, a LOT of the mages in Fairy Tail (All the 2ndarys)

B - Post-time skip, the mages that remained behind have gone up to this, some maybe more.

A - Able to do very serious damage to people/property ie. bringing buildings down relatively easy

S - Able to massive amounts of damage to people/property an order of magnitude greater than A

SS - Gildarts, Makarov-lvl here
Spoiler for Just in case: Related to current manga info/events:

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-07-02 at 15:06.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote