Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-29, 19:47   Link #2280
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
This show manages to put character interactions as well as Tari Tari. Not every show manages to create believable modern day interactions between kids these days
I have to disagree on this. For me Tari Tari is on a level of its own when it comes to true to life characterization. Tari Tari's characters feel like people I could have met in high school myself. The characters in this show, not so much. They still feel like anime characters, with personalities defined more clearly around specific anime tropes and the like. They're believable to some extent, but as anime characters, not modern day high-school kids. Aoki in particular is the typical MC's sidekick, and Taichi is the typical male MC to the t, included the fact that he attracts almost all the girls.

I should make it clear this isn't necessarily a criticism. Not every series needs the sort of character depiction that you see in Tari Tari.

Btw, this is not the say Tari Tari is free of stereotypes and tropes. It's just that most of the conventions it works with go beyond the anime format. I mean, in a way it's a little more like a live action family show (only, animated) than anime, so it uses that sort of tropes.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-29 at 20:12.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote