Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-04, 09:44   Link #635
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've got a few questions today.

Was the repeated focus on the knotted rope supposed to symbolize the tie between Mutta and Hibito? The director seemed obsessed with this image.

Does anyone think astronauts detach the booster stage by pushing a button? Wouldn't that all be automated to ensure precision timing? I can imagine a manual override, but I'd think the norm is for it to be handled by the on-board computer.

Who do you suppose was taking those shots of the two spacecraft docking that appeared on the big board at NASA? Aliens? Maybe they manuevered a spy satellite alongside?

Oh, and might I suggest to the folks at A-1 that they let the illustrators who draw the skies in this show work on Shin Sekai Yori, please? Last week's episode of that series had some of the worst sky illustrations I've seen in quite some time.

I suspect the floating pen was another mini-tribute to 2001: A Space Odyssey, though the Parker pen in the original has been replaced by what looks more like a Japanese model.

I miss Serika. She's gotten very little screen time in the past few weeks. I notice we no longer have scenes of Mutta fantasizing over her (with or without clothes) like we did at the outset.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote