View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 19:38   Link #8
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I have no idea who this Athena is that everyone keeps going on about (and am in no hurry to find out), and found the second season's focus on Hina and romance over the comedy to kind of take it down a notch in my eyes.
I was honestly fine with this series spicing up its comedic nature with a few serious bits here and there, in fact I think that type of thing is necessary for any comedic series, you have to have SOMETHING to contrast against all the laughs.

All of that kept me coming back, curious, and interested. I enjoyed the comedy more when the characters weren't one dimensional one liners.

The problem is that this Athena you're talking about, well her inclusion in the series is huge. I can't even tell you how or why on account of spoilers alone but it's enough that I am DYING for more. I am foaming at the teeth for more. Hell, at one point the scanlators for this series jumped 50 chapters ahead just to translate said portion of the manga. They were aching for more just as much as they wanted everyone else to take it in.

I get that people enjoy the comedy Hayate brings, I can't hate on anyone just looking for a smile or laugh like that. The thing is that I can not understand why they haven't animated her or anything regarding her at all. That entire portion of series is fantastic movie material. Two movies worth even.

Right now they've skipped that entire part of the series. Where season two ended and this begins, that whole GIANT chunk is all Athena. They've just tossed her aside but taken in every character besides her instead, and well that's just fucked up because, well what's the reason?

It's why I'm not all that excited for this season, and why the 'new' characters feel like they're going to be used for their tropes or possible ability to pull in manga readers, and not much anything else.

Mind you I am not arguing with you on enjoying this season, but at the very least I'm just telling you how I feel about Athena, which may be how others feel as well.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!