View Single Post
Old 2007-12-22, 03:37   Link #89
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scala Caeli View Post
Hitman 3: Contracts - According to a review, I've read that this game is no successor to Hitman 2. Being more of an expansion pack than anything else due to its exact same graphics and same game engine, it somehow manages to highlights bugs that were more easily overlooked in its predecessor.

I still plan to play it though, just to see for myself.
I would have to agree wholeheartedly with what you said. It really did feel like an expansion pack, and on top of that it was absurdly easy compared to Hitman 2. Got Silent Assassin on pretty much every level without even trying. Thankfully they made up for it with Blood Money.

Planetside - The first ever MMOFPS, how awesome!! Yet it sucked. Hard. Incredibly repetitive areas, mondo lag, crap objectives. Bleh.

Deus Ex: Invisible War - I loved the first one so freakin much, this game didn't even come close to the original.

Crysis - Eh...I'm still unsure on this one. I have played a bit of it with a decent framerate and I haven't really found it satisfying so far. Guess I will wait to pass judgment when my computer is up to snuff.

Team Fortress 2 - Yeah. You heard me. I waited 8 years and all I get is a graphical upgrade and 2fort. I know there are other maps, but capturing control points sucks. This isn't Battlefield or Warhawk or Team Control Points. This is Team FORTRESS. They tried the whole control point deal with Canal Zone in TFC and it didn't really take, yet they come full force with those types of maps this time around? Wheres Rock2!? Wheres the real Well map? Medics can't infect or concussion jump. Engineers can't dispenser jump (to my knowledge). They ruined spies with cloaking ability. I should be able to jump on a spy who has feigned death and prevent him from getting up until I deem it necessary to beat him to death with a wrench like in the original TFC. They even messed up sentry guns this time around, since they changed dispensers. Now I can hide behind a sentry gun hitting it constantly with a wrench while I get restocked by the dispenser automatically. What is a spy supposed to do in that position? Before they could just lob grenades at the sentry and blow them both up. Problem solved. Now however, they got to decide whether they want to try and sap the sentry...RESULT: Shotgun blast to the face by the engineer, or they want to stab the engineer...RESULT: You lose disguise while stabbing Engy, sentry gun then rapes you. Before, every class had a chance of taking down a sentry gun. Yeah, I get it Valve, you want to force teamwork in the game. Well how is that working out? Not so well I'd say! Eh...alright enough of my ranting. They messed up sniping too!! Okay, I'm done, be cool, be cool. Its going to be ok, breathe in, breathe out.

PS- No Hunted either, which means no Presidente!! *cry*

Shun me, for I am frumious!

Last edited by Bandersnatch; 2007-12-22 at 03:47.
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote