View Single Post
Old 2010-10-18, 09:37   Link #79
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I doubt that. If this was really the case, then their mother wouldn't have trusted him with handling the situation as much as she did. The fact that she pretty much left it to him and jokingly (?) said she'd need some beer afterward for their father means that she believed in Kyousuke enough to try and fix things in the family. She didn't pry into how knowledgeable he was in the entire affair and didn't pry into what his plans were when he asked for the albums, even if she wasn't sure what he'd do.

As for daddy, the fact that he didn't wave him off and listened entirely and properly to what Kyousuke had to say, and even restrained himself from falcon punching his son for grabbing his collar to me says he respects him enough for what he's trying to to and is willing to listen.

These aren't things parents who have left you to your own devices would do. They were willing to listen to what he had to say on his sister's behalf because they respected him as a member of the family, even if he is sort of a slacker.
You know, I guess you're right. I seem to have get the wrong impression, maybe I'm a bit too influenced by the dining room scene last episode when he says that the rest of the family doesn't care about him, but seeing at your points it seems that they may care about him also, even if they aren't really that good in showing it. The parents may not be perfect, but they're not all that bad after all.