View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 20:04   Link #1087
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Some weird hell portal, I assume. I like how the GW ladies dressed like, you know, how normal civilian and military women would dress. Granted, Noin's cowboy outfit was kinda stupid. Still, all the school uniforms were classy. Nowadays, school uniforms in anime are fetish fuel. Military uniforms too. *glares at Lunamaria* WTF is with the custom skirt? Seriously, what kind of military allows that?
The kind that is full of hormonal, angsting teenagers or very young adults that surely will have absolutely no interest in sexual activities with their comrades whatsoever when their life is on the line pretty much 24/7. Yeah, that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
If TV ratings and DVD sales are any indication, yes. -_-
*faceplams*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
The entire thing with Wing was that Sunrise realized they had a new angle to attack on the merchandising front with a side of fandom they'd never really dealt with before, and they milked it for all it was worth. But they did not seem to intend that angle from the start.
Agreed 100%. Would you mind showing a comparison pic of sorts? I've seen a lot of artwork but I never knew there was a difference in 'style' between the two artbooks. Now I'm interested to see which pics belong where. I assume that pool pic with Heero and Relena (and Duo in the background cheering) is from the second one..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi_Uchiha View Post
on a side note about dorothy is that even though she was shown as a war hungry girl, it was eventually shown that she is actually afraid of war and heavy malice and will do ANYTHING to stop war. Which was why she gave relena the gun to shoot milliardo and why she reacted so badly when milliardo refused the duel between himself and triez for the fate all soldiers and earth and outerspace (believing that a simple duel would not cause a space fight that sadly happened).

it should be noted that dorathy and relena's reletionship was hardly hinted as friendship and might not have been anything other than an acquaintance or former student for a peace politician. and there has to be more reason or apparant evidence to why she started operation mythos, if her fears are to be taken to the length of war/massacre phobia.
So... you're suggesting Dorothy was the one who froze Relena in the first place?

I'll disagree with you on their relationship though. To me it seemed Dorothy was very fond of Relena (not that way). I interpreted her actions as wanting to test Relena or better say her ideals. You're right about Dorothy actually hating war. Her goal was to have a war so big that everyone would be fed up with it (aka loosing people close to them) and stop fighting. That would require a lot of deaths though. Relena's goal was exactly the opposite. Stop the bloodshed by talking sense into the people, all through total pacifism. No one would have to die that way. But that was practically impossible during that time. There were too many arms, too many people who wanted to fight.

To me it seemed like Dorothy was challenging Relena with her exclamations of starting a war and loving its beauty. She wanted to see what Relena would do without resorting to violence. She wanted to see if she could change a war-obsessed person through words alone. Like she wanted to believe in the power that the 'powerless' pacifism could have by overcoming obstacles such as the militaristic Romefeller Foundation. Dorothy was impressed when Relena managed to 'save' her country from the foundation by dissolving it, staying true to her ideals.

She was even more impressed by her decision pertaining her own brother, when killing him could have saved many lives. It was something like her final test. Relena refused to shoot Milliardo and Dorothy instantly changed her mind and locked her up in her room. To me it was like Dorothy realized, much like Milliardo, Heero and Treize, that a peace-oriented person with such strong will like her would be needed after the war. So she opted to protect her, by keeping her in a safe place.

I believe Dorothy shows her true colors already when she informs Noin that Relena is to be assassinated on her way back to Cinq, after the meeting with Dermail and folks. At that time she was a huge thorn in Romefeller's side, so why would Dorothy, granddaughter of Duke Dermail, the chief representative of Romefeller, want to save Relena Peacecraft? Maybe because she didn't want her last hope to die.

As for Relena, I think she always understood Dorothy's motives to some extend. After all, she never had trouble trusting her and didn't seem very fazed by her either. And in the movie version of EW it was Dorothy who more or less finished Relena's speech and spurred the people to protest against Mariemaia.
So I can picture friendship between these two, even if an odd one.

Wow, sorry for the rant. GW leaves a lot of room for interpretation, doesn't it?

Now, imagine Relena suddenly going trigger happy and about to start a war... Would Dorothy really kill her? By hiring the guy who has a record of not killing her? xD
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote