View Single Post
Old 2012-08-16, 22:01   Link #10657
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolks View Post
[...]
It's selfish to want to be loved by someone for no reason, but it is also human. There really is nothing wrong to ask a girl out to see if you guys might work out. It's nerve wracking yes, but ultimately of very little consequence to you (aside from some hurt pride) You don't need to be forceful, just curt. There isn't a complex ritual for dating or some secret. In the end you just enjoy someone else's company and they enjoy yours. A lot of people date not because they like each other, but because they want to figure out if they do.
Agreed.

It's a lot of trial and error. And it's been told to me several times that relationships work when the two parties enjoy each others company—it's all that it boils down to and nothing more complicated than that.

In this "quest" of wanting to be loved by someone over the years, I'm getting a much better idea of what I'm looking for in another woman. The attempted flings that used to confuse me as to why they failed no longer bother me anymore—I know now that there was no chance for me and that other girl to work something out. Or, there was never any chemistry to begin with.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote