View Single Post
Old 2011-01-10, 16:25   Link #21448
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, I cannot say they are asking too much, considering there were many hints all over the question arcs telling us what we saw on the gameboard wasn't necessarily true, and that there was something underneath all of this.
Being a former member of the "Uncover the truth behind Rokkenjima Prime club" I understand their position as well. However, I looked back and learned that I just wasn't looking at the story the correct way. I admit my mistake. Will others admit their mistakes?
Quote:
That's precisely the problem, and what I believe is the source behind the disappointment in the story. People expected that solving the mysteries (i.e. closed rooms, epitaph, culprit, motive, Beatrice) would lead them/us to be able to understand what actually happened in the island. However, in the end, it seemed that all we could do was solve the fictional stories (not to mention many people found the answer to them distasteful and poorly constructed), and reaching the truth of Rokkenjima is not possible.
At the very least, maybe he will give better answers to the Beatrice mysteries in Rei (if such a thing will be made).
Quote:
Who knows?
Well, I made that comment while thinking about the comment he made in a interview.
"This is a game between myself and the readers."

I wonder if we would have received better answers if he felt most of his readers had solved it.

Looking at the goats from episode 8, I don't think he felt many readers had reached the right conclusion. So he then decides to mock them? Maybe not the best decision there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Keeping the catbox closed is evil, because it benefits those who did evil and clouds the reputation of those who did not in order to protect those who did.
Yeah. I'm glad we have your opinion which is equivalent to facts.