View Single Post
Old 2009-09-28, 16:03   Link #1
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Varieties of Theism: Monotheism, Polytheism, Deism, Pantheism, and More

EDIT: OK, so as Xris pointed out this is a topic that has sprung out of the "What's your religion?" thread due to its deducted "off topicness." As a result I edited this opening post so it would make more sense to a lot of you.

The purpose of this thread is to clarify how each and everyone of you view God. (Atheists are welcomed to give their thoughts on how they view the forces that are at work in this universe).

The following questions are just a framework to help many of you get on the same mind set. It is not needed to keep all your points to these questions, however, it would be useful if they were answered in your posts. This is not a simple declare your religion or views thread. If it is so I shall direct you over here. Please give thought out responses. An example of such a post is Vexx's below mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you all view God as a single entity (monotheistic) that is conscious of itself and what it has created?

Do you view the universe as having many Gods (ala Greek and Roman Gods)?

Do you think man was created in God's image?

Or is God some kind of life force, some energy that is source of creation and perhaps the big bang?

Is your God tangible, or is he some corporeal existence that is omnipotent?

Or do you all simply consider God to be some concept that is utterly unconceivable by man in any such matter to the point that it is something that exists, but we cannot really be concerned with due to a lack of understanding?

Last edited by Reckoner; 2009-09-28 at 18:01.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote