View Single Post
Old 2010-09-28, 13:52   Link #390
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I take it that you agree with his take on how fans see her then?
Yeah. I felt the fan art depiction is indeed a little bit exaggerated, even when not considering the H-art. But, of course, what is often put on the canvas is the surface of what Mio apparently looks like (a moe character with an inferiority complex, for starters). Even though with a character like Mio, there isn't really much personality to ponder on, I find that the limited ends of the canon stuff could be greatly extended to show what little hidden beauty there is within the universe. Like emphasizing on Tsumugi's eccentricity, or the sisterhood between Ui and Yui, for example. Improvements without breaking the boundaries of canon (though my fan fiction is a whole different story).

tl;dr: I would love to see non-conformism in Mio fan art. C'mon, there's got to be a part of the surface you fans haven't scratched upon.

Oh, by the way, for Mio/Ritsu fans out there.:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the answerer chosen by voters
though I will say that the most important relationship in most rock music is the relationship between the drums and the bass.
In a way, you could see it as Ritsu and Mio's roles in the band being the most important, what with Ritsu pushing them from behind with force and impulsiveness, while Mio amplifies the others' voices and making them shine (I don't know music, but it's kinda like how the bass increases the volume of the music?).

There are lots of these little hidden symbolic connections between the characters' instruments and their personalities, and I, naturally, love how the bass beautifies the music (or at least, occurs to me as so), just like how Mio beautifies the band. Corny, I know, but there you go.