View Single Post
Old 2004-09-30, 23:30   Link #7
mintyfresh
Altoid

Nng.. strangely enough, the Kinokuniya in l.a.'s little tokyo didn't have vol. 18. I guess they didn't get it yet, or it was just sold out...but either way, all that was there were older marimite novels. siigh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Also, some suspect that the "loser" becomes Yoshiono's soeur by default as there is a lack of important first year characters. If that's true Yumi's third year is going to be circus.
I was thinking the same thing. But it doesn't seem very nice considering that the "loser" will still have a stronger connection to Yumi. But something like this very well may happen, consdering Yoshino really wants to get a soeur soon to win her bet with Eriko.

The first time i'd heard of Kanako long ago, I took her for just another obsessed stalker/fan like we've already seen before in marimite. However, now that it's gotten this far, I don't think that she'll be fading out of existence (like Shizuka and Mifuyu before her) any time soon.

What with both her and Touko being the top two candidates for Yumi's souer, I can only suppose that something big has to happen with one of them to put them in the "right" light (or wrong light, really) with Yumi for her to choose one over the other.
That's why I don't think that Yumi picking neither Touko nor Kanako would be weird, but rather sort of expected (even though I'd personally prefer she pick Touko ^^').
After all, saying that fate plays a big part in Marimite would be selling it short several times over -- who's to say she won't simply run into a first year student somewhere and make her her soeur? It may seem like a rushed and poor decision, but they may very well may turn out to be a perfect match, just like Yumi and Sachiko.
But then again, it's doubtful that sort of magic could happen twice.
Also, there's also the matter of what happens to Touko and Kanako... So...