View Single Post
Old 2008-02-25, 01:50   Link #109
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

So many angry reactions. That's an inherent problem with romances - viewers are often too focused on what they want for the characters, rather than how the characters feel and behave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Noe and Shin are super cute together, no doubt there. It even melts my ornery, old broken heart. But I don't think it's close to real love. Shin is responding in a way that shows he likes what she gives him.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
..who she [really] is: a quirky, somewhat naive and immature girl. [Noe] may indeed care for him deeply, I have a hard time saying with her relatively young mindset.
I strongly disagree. Noe is not childish and immature. On the contrary, I think a more accurate description is child-like and highly perceptive. She is easily the "strongest" of the three girls, because she understands loss and accepts it without giving up hope. That is far from being immature, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHH......I'm dying for the next episode already....grrr IF SHE HAS SEX I'M GOING TO TOTALLY LOSE ALL RESPECT AND LIKING FOR HER......or just be completely frustrated anyways. Sex is good and all, but under the conditions she attempts to have it is WRONG!
*Sigh* How about trying to understand what the character is going through, rather than passing judgement? Hiromi might be making a mistake if that is indeed what happens, but it is a highly understandable mistake. I wouldn't think less of her because of it.

If feelings were that easy to control, life would indeed be very carefree. Stop moralising and start empathising. That's part of growing up, in my opinion.

My comments:
I don't think Shin is being dumb by avoiding Ai. That is the right thing to do, in my opinion. Everyone is in an awkward position at the moment, so it's right to let the commotion die down before talking again. It gives everyone room to think.

First loves are hard to forget. While it would be painful for Aiko to forget Shin, at least she now knows where she stands and can move on after this decisive moment. She'll gradually realise that she has taken Nobuse for granted, and slowly learn to love again.

Noe being sweet to Shin is very nice, but I'm afraid she is setting herself up for a major breakup. While Shin is evidently grateful that she has become his muse, it's clear from his expression that he doesn't feel romantic attraction towards her. He likes her certainly, but he is evidently not attracted to her in the same way he is attracted to Hiromi.

As for Hiromi, if the preview is to be believed, then I'd say she is behaving much like a rejected girl would. She's on a rebound. She's impulsively plunging into a relationship to forget Shin. In other words, she's being human. That is not something worthy of hate. Sympathy and emotional support is what she needs instead. In any case, Jun seems like a fairly smart guy, and somewhat emotionally experienced. I think he can probably tell that Hiromi is not serious about him, and would not take advantage of her as a result.

As for Shin's mother, it appears possible that she implied that Hiromi is an illegitimate daughter out of spite. Something doesn't add up, in the way Shin's father is treating Hiromi; ie, if Hiromi were really his daughter, he wouldn't have to remind her that she is part of their family.

Instead, it now seems possible that Shin's mother was acting out of jealousy, the same way Hiromi is reacting towards Noe. Quite possibly, Shin's mother could never shake the feeling that she is a "second-choice" compared to Hiromi's mother. For some reason, she suspects that her husband loved Hiromi's mother more than her, hence her jealousy. Hence her spiteful behaviour towards Hiromi. Again, it's part of being human. It's highly understandable, and I sympathise.

So there we have it. Like I've stated elsewhere, I'm following this show because of the characters rather than the plot. I think the characters have been developed very well so far. They are behaving like people would, in real life. Kudos to the writers and I hope the next few episodes will continue to keep me interested.