View Single Post
Old 2014-05-13, 15:00   Link #185
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Sounds like something that when hacked they can use the "program" to steal all your passwords and sites that use them.........

Maybe better if I just write it on a piece of paper.
From my PHP instructor that teaches bits of cryptology, LastPass has a passive system built into it that sets automatic danger flags if things like DNS and IP location is too skewed from the user's original information. Most likely it would have you validate from your email account, creating one additional step for you but locking everything to the potentially unauthorized hacker.

If you're comfortable with it, keeping a piece of paper with the passwords is undoubtedly the safest way. For me, I personally have a workspace that would eat up a single piece of paper like that between personal notes, tax forms, business letters, prints, not to mention the myriad of electronics equipment stuffing up my remaining space. Even with constant cleaning and organization, it's not a place I can keep one important thing like that; I'll lose it eventually and that'll be it. You could try and counter that by keeping them also documented in a mobile phone or a document on your hard drive, but I'd trust that less than LastPass myself.