View Single Post
Old 2008-10-21, 14:03   Link #14
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I will distance from angsty storylines, but I've noticed that the roster on FF.net has been...a little too happy. Somebody's got to have thought of how Konata deals socially in the big picture with being an otaku (because at least in the imaginary worlds of anime and manga, bullying looks pretty brutal).

It could go several ways, either she is actually having a big problem with it and depend on her friends so she doesn't break down (but we don't see it because this is a happy anime), or she simply was too damn weird to pick on. But that wouldn't be story-worthy now, would it?
Something that gloomy isn't really my thing. I can't get enough happy in the Lucky Star section. Now if it were the Evangelion section and was this happy... then I'd leave.

If you want to explore the scenario, you could always try to write it yourself. ^^ Konata doesn't really seem to care what other people think of her. She definitely inherited her father's personality, and he's the same way. I think that the latter of your two scenarios is more likely. Imagining Konata as the victim of female bullying is sort of a stretch... in fact, I've never really seen her interact with any classmate that she doesn't already know or know through someone. I'm guessing she's too weird to pick on. And if someone tried, I assume that she would give so little in the way of a reaction that it wouldn't be worth it.

And Kagami would kick their ass anyway.