View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 16:46   Link #90
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Let's look at what we have so far:

A prophecy that 3 DS's will end up in FT. Dragons disappearing all at the same time for some reason.

Lumen = Light

Histoire = History

History of the Light? Hades felt confident that the origin of magic was in darkness. What if FT is sitting on the last remnants of the light? That, ages ago, there was light and darkness. And mankind sought power in darkness, which ultimately became magic. This tipped the balance and diminished the light.

And somewhere along the line, a fairy and a human have a child who is Mavis.

Actually, instead of any real sort of power, I wonder if it is just a recording of the history of the light. Sometime (next arc?), Makarov will take FT people down there and show them. Zeref is a black mage, which Hades was after... again, the theme of light and darkness. Hades also being the name of the greek god of the underworld, and thus a dark name.

Anyway, this somehow all ties into the prophecy of 3 DS's being in FT. The dragons obviously disappeared for some reason, and each one trained one child in their magic, again for some reason. And this again will tie in with Zeref and the Eclipse Gate, which can only be opened by a strong Stellar Spirit Mage... of which Lucy's mother was one.

Mainly just putting down my thoughts on stuff, even if they are sorta random, but again we see the themes of light and darkness presenting themselves. Even the name "Eclipse" signals darkness covering up light, or light turning to darkness, if you will.

I am amazed at how Mashima has taken simple themes and woven them into a subtle narrative, and you slowly realize that things are coming into focus.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote