View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 01:46   Link #4603
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by florza View Post
So? What're you trying to say?

If you're trying to persuade me otherwise, do try to use logic and actual quotes to support your argument, difficult as it may seem.

I'm not going to convince myself for you, y'know?

If this entire discussion was supposed to be mere idle theorising (纸上谈兵, we do seem to speak a different language at times) based on personal opinion and interpretation, then I apologise in advance.
What I am trying to say is that heroes in the classic sense, which Perseus belong to, does not necessarily mean doing something honourable and saving the weak. They could be worshiped as heroes just because they did something that normal people wouldn't be able to do. A fair amount of Greek 'heroes' were quite lacking in terms of moral--especially the ones who participated in the Trojan Wars. Rape was as common as eating to them.Not related to the Trojan war, but one of the most notable rapist heroes would be Theseus. Not only did he abduct and force Hippolyta the Amazonian Queen to marry him, he later even abducts Helen of Troy. There'd be no way a goddess would marry a man who had defeated her and stole her powers out of her own volition. Coercion and force must have been used to 'persuade' her into marrying or have sex with him. Hence, Perseus is a rapist.Frankly, Perseus is one of the gods in this series who disgusts me.

Last edited by Moe Connection; 2012-10-14 at 02:04.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote