View Single Post
Old 2013-03-12, 06:54   Link #37
My posts are frivolous
^At no point have I said that Sorata shows affection for Nanami. What I said was that Sorata has not shown affection for either of them. So no, the onus is on you to show evidence that Sorata's actions towards Shiina had romantic underpinnings that did not apply to any of his actions towards Nanami.

The points that you have listed above are not indicative of affection by Sorata towards Shiina, and are essentially similar to what he had with Nanami. Motivate him to work harder? Both girls did. Develop an understanding of the girls? Goes for both of them. Help them with their troubles? He did that for both to varying degrees depending on their needs. Basically, if you take the speech he made at the station in this episode and modified it for the hugging scene in the previous episode, it could still make sense.

Of course, there can only be one girl at the end for this series, and the author chose Shiina. So be it. My point is that it could have gone the other way as well and retained a logical structure. The author had put foundations for it to have gone either way, as any author of a rom-com would do, and supporters on both sides had valid arguments even though obviously only one side is left standing at the end.
Warship Girls: <-- link
USS Nevada
Andrea-Doria, California, Vanguard, Richelieu, Prince of Wales

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Last edited by frivolity; 2013-03-12 at 07:10.