View Single Post
Old 2009-02-22, 18:05   Link #7995
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
it stretches out the page and makes scrolling tedious, especially when you don't post thumbnails. its courtesy to spoiler your images regardless.

about the quiz, i probably only got the ranking questions wrong. i never cared enough to remember Tabitha and Cynthia's ranks..
Well, see, it is all a matter of personal preference regarding stretching the page out versus thumbnails. Personally, I think thumbnails should only be used for large, wallpaper sized, images. It would detract from the artistic quality if you thumbnail an image that fits in the browser space. I rather not have people put a bunch of images in spoilers either for quantity. As for the scrolling, it works fine here on this AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-62 2.2ghz machine running a Compiz Fusion Desktop, and since this is a year old laptop, it isn't the most souped up machine out there. What I'm saying is: this is non-highend system, running on a 3d desktop, and I have no probs scrolling down on the browser. There is a certain level of system requirment -- in my opinion -- that comes with browsing and image thread, like for instance Broadband, and a fast enough system that can handle multiple images on a web page. I don't feel no guilt because someone has a lowend system. The bit about making the pages longer is a valid point, but that is a taste thing. You can't keep everyone happy. As for spoilers, I prefer if they are only used for Nudity and large pictures that would mess up centering. There are technical reasons if you spoilers that way that using spoilers for quantity becomes annoying.
Gangsta Spanksta is offline   Reply With Quote