Thread: Licensed Taishou Yakyuu Musume
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-29, 01:03   Link #359
4Tran

Well, Taishou Yakyuu Musume wrapped up quite nicely. It's probably my favorite of all the shows that started airing in Summer 2009, and that's a bit surprising considering all the other great works that started in the same period. I think that the element that cemented this is the fact that the comedy works as well as it does. It's no Azumanga Daioh, but there are respectable laughs in just about all the episodes. The earnestness of the characters also plays out nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Why are people calling this slice of life? And why are you trying to compare it to Saki? I understand where the desire comes from, but not the logic.
I can see the reason for comparing TYM to Saki since they do share quite a few similarities, but calling it a slice of life is puzzling. If TYM qualifies, then doesn't that mean that all sports shows are? And all comedies and dramas as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Comparing it with Saki is just wrong, because except having a sport theme, everything else is miles apart
While the two shows play out differently, they do appeal using similar elements. The main difference is that Saki is much more a classical exaggerated sports anime while TYM is more of a down-to-earth comedy.