View Single Post
Old 2010-12-17, 14:48   Link #19864
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Who says Zepar and Furfur are trustworthy, again? Just who do they really work for? I'm immediately suspicious of people popping in out of nowhere with brand new rules and requirements and assuring me that things have to turn out a particular way. They fought each other because they were desperate to take that final step. Shannon wins, but Kanon winds up "earning" his reward anyway. And Beatrice comes back in full force. By any indications, the premise Zepar and Furfur present is wrong (although they may well have intended that; it's fairly clear the two of them present a divide between what they say and what they mean).
They work for Beatrice, so we can probably trust them.

And also, Kanon only received his reward in the Golden Land. Which they said was an option from the beginning. Everyone is fighting for the right to have their love fulfilled in the real world.

Quote:
The Golden Land thing is completely irrelevant because... that's just how it happens anyway. Nobody actually wins anything before the story reaches its climax, at which point it doesn't matter who won because everybody wins. They were never in the "real world" to begin with. The story is playing a shell game.
That's true, but that's because things go totally bad in 1986. Strip away the magic stuff, and what would this Love Duel mean in the context of the real 1986?

Quote:
AuraTwilight said you're not really "denying Shkanon because you think clumping them together as a convenient plot tool is really disrespectful towards Shannon and Kanon as people"
That's not what I said.