View Single Post
Old 2012-12-23, 14:35   Link #16
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

One thing I have to give this show: Goofy sleep disorder aside, I really am starting to like Riki. I greatly appreciate having a protagonist who is as quick to pick up on the way the girls word things as I am. With both Komari and Mio, Riki has been right there with me as soon as the girls say something that has distressing implications. He seems to have very good instincts, even when he only has his gut to go on, and he can't quite put his finger on what exactly bothers him.

Mio's manager misunderstanding, and her too-quick leap of imagination re: Naoe x Natsume was probably the most effective joke on me since Riki suggested Kud move in with Kurugaya, prompting the latter to ask "are you trying to make me a criminal??" Having said that, most of the rest of the "daily life" scenes aren't doing much for me.

The suggestion of a split personality for Mio is kind of interesting. She does talk about wanting to live multiple lives. When she says it may be "too late" for her, does she mean too late to have normal friends, because her other side fills the role of a best friend for her? Or does she mean it in a more... existential sense? It is a KEY story, after all.