Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-09-22, 22:43   Link #1856
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
That's one of the really interesting things about Simoun -- Daikuurikan men seem very different from the real female-to-male transsexual men that I know. The whole idea that transition happens slowly with breasts being reabsorbed over time, and young men looking very androgynous (and dressing very androgynously) is totally different from the way actual FTMs go through transition.
Seeing how it requires a visit to the Spring, I wonder if transition is ever a "natural phenomenon" in Daikūriku? It seems that physically and socially the process is a lot more gentle than in RL, even though the act of choosing still has massive significance.

I wonder, do those who choose female avoid all that bursting into tears at inconvenient moments as their bodies go through Estrogen Hell? Although given the signs of, um, development we see in the older girls, perhaps they've already been through that at puberty...

(Sorry, just rambling.)

Last edited by Simon; 2006-09-22 at 23:54. Reason: Clumsy wording and sensitive topics don't mix
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote