View Single Post
Old 2008-12-16, 08:17   Link #5344
I disagree with you all.
Join Date: Dec 2005
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Well, in a country with only TWO political parties, that's a correct statement, but look at those countries with like 4-5 parties or more. THAT's worse. Even 21% of the population can well take away the rights of the other 79% if they voted as such:

(names are purely fictional)

Right Party: 21%
Labor: 20%
Center Party: 20%
Quebec Party: 19%
Left Party: 20%

I don't know Canadian politics, but in any democracy, you need more than a tiny plurality to govern.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote