View Single Post
Old 2009-11-21, 02:22   Link #191
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Valkria Chronicles. I'll go with what the others said. It got a lot of hate, which I found unusual. I really enjoyed it when it picked up halfway through the series and lost its heavy characer shield. The ONLY real problem I had was that the second OP animation totally spoiled a large plot point. Those that have seen it should know what I'm taking about. But other than that, I thought it was an overall great series.
I think Valkyria Chronicles, like Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, tends to get a lot of hate from people who played the original games and didn't like details of the adaptations. Having not played either game (I don't even have a PS3 for Valkyria) I thoroughly enjoyed both of them.

The big "anime I love but everyone else hates" for me would be Tayutama: Kiss on my Deity. Granted, it's hardly a great anime, but it struck a nice balance between cuteness and plot, especially the arc involving Yumina and the phoenix. Maybe the low budget visuals just turned people off? Although I will admit that my love of kemonomimi probably contributes some to my love of the show.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.