View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 10:45   Link #193
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I think I'm starting to kind of like Septic Flesh! I'm listening to the album Communion right now and I'm finding it surprisingly ok I'm enjoying The Great Mass, too! I think I find it a bit catchier than the former, actually. I tried branching out a bit more recently but it wasn't hugely successful... I think the furthest I got from my usual symphonic/power metal fixes is Candlemass, I quite liked Epicus Doomicus Metallicus (particularly A Sorcerer's Pledge).

And ZGoten, I can't say I wasn't a bit startled when I found guest reviews by you while browsing through Metalstorm, although I really should've been expecting it, considering your expertise XD It's a pity there're no other bands that sound like Kamelot, I did look at a lot of other symphonic/power bands and it was so true Ah well, time to go listen to The Black Halo again, then...
Communion is definately a great album. I especially love the tracks 'Annubis' and 'Sunlight Moonlight'. What's great about Septic Flesh (or Septicflesh) is that they are definately very heavy in their sound and brutal, yet still quite catchy with a lot of memorable melodies.

You give my reviews way too much credit, though. I am kind of ashamed of them and wish I could delete them. xD

I guess it's just Roy Khan. His voice is just very unique for the genre. While all the other musicians in the band are phenomenal as well, I think he makes the difference in distinguishing Kamelot from other excellent power / symphonic bands. I can't wait to see, or rather hear, what the new vocalist will sound like. In the meantime though, while you go listening to The Black Halo, I'll be heading back to Epica for a while. 'Descent Of The Archangel' is high on my favorite list at the moment.

Also, on another note, two more excellent albums have surfaced, folks, Paradise Lost's 'Tragic Idol' and the more extreme debut release 'Morok' by Agruss. Have a listen, guys.

Spoiler for space:

Last edited by ZGoten; 2012-05-06 at 10:59.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote