View Single Post
Old 2013-02-04, 15:07   Link #147
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
I think he pretty much stated the reason himself, he was attempting to use them for resources while sticking to his own agenda; they were simply using eachother as you said.
But here's the irrational thing: he tells Tobi that he doesn't want to be in akatsuki. He didn't want to take Itachi's eyes either, he simply ran off to destroy Konoha and Tobi had to stop him and tell him which way is the kage meeting with Danzou. He never asked for any resource from Tobi to help him beat Danzou. Or do you mean that the way Sasuke behaves is all acting to deceive Tobi? I mean Sasuke realizing that if he plays the good subordinate then Tobi would not believe it, so Sasuke played the part of the crazy revenge guy that would be much more beliveable for Tobi. Tobi told Sasuke that he worked with Itachi and that he had a grudge against the clan, so Tobi would not believe that Sasuke joins him as if nothing happened. To tell the truth when i saw how dumb Sasuke was against KillerBee i assumed that it can't be that Sasuke is just acting to deceive Tobi, he really was a mindless revenge machine at the time.

Quote:
As revenge crazed as he's been acting, I don't find it too strange that he would want to kill them himself, all things considered.
I agree, but even if he enters this war as he is now he should attack both sides simultaneously, both sides are his enemies. Also Tobi helped him a lot personally, if it was not for Tobi he would already be dead or blind. So i don't see why would he rather attack the helping hand instead of the guys that he wanted to kill all this time.

Quote:
If we look at things that way('being saved/aided' == loser), this is how Naruto has been making much of the alliance look for most of the war anyway imho.
It was teamwork, Naruto is part of the alliance, but Sasuke would be a 3rd party there. Naruto did many great things and even smart things a few times, but he would be long dead if the others didn't help him. For instance he pulled a quite smart move against the previous raikage, but before that he had to be saved by some noname rubber ninja. He was also saved by Kakashi, Gai and even Ino, so it was really teamwork even if the most important part of that teamwork was done by the main character of the manga. So as long as they can win they are all winners, even if only Naruto survives the battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
they are uchiha but they are clearly not only villains, they are both huge enemies of the uchiha clan. obito framed and murdered them with itachi and madara continually defied them to the point of them ostracizing him. sasuke and itachi loved their clan and wanted to preserve their reputation and respect. madara and obito have done nothing but kill, betray and slander the uchiha
Madara didn't do anything, he was their leader and they rebelled against him, and then he peacefully accepted that they chose the 1st hokage and left the village. If Sasuke learned that Tobi is not Madara then why would he attack Madara. Instead he should tell Madara that he was right not wanting to join Konoha, because in the end (by Sasuke's logic) that was the decision that led to the destruction of the clan. Even if Sasuke learns from Minato that it was Tobi who attacked the village and caused indirectly the Uchiha massacre that wouldn't make Madara automatically his enemy. However as he learns more and more about Tobi he might end up wanting to take revenge on Tobi immediately. That gives a small chance for Sasuke entering the battlefield, but it would be hard to explain later that he didn't take advantage of the fact that the alliance ninja and Naruto are almost completely exhausted and this would be the best chance for Sasuke to kill them all, beginning with Naruto. Naruto and the alliance have been fighting 2 days non-stop, it doesn't seem to be the right time to throw in Sasuke just now. Of course Orochimaru could betray Sasuke since the 4 hokages are under his control, but then the battlefield would become a complete mess

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-02-04 at 15:26.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote