Thread: Otakon
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-12, 23:26   Link #70
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

I'll be returning to Otakon again this year, but sadly won't be able to make the fansubbing panel.

Why?

Because one of my group's panels, the impossible to put down "I Can't Believe You Haven't Seen This!!!" will be running simultaneously in the next panel room over (Panel 2...which is ironically smaller than 3 but bigger than 1). Come by to see the anime that time, advertisers, and Japan have forgotten about. This is our third year running this panel at Otakon, and as always, we will be presenting an all-new lineup of titles for the audience's amusement.

We're also running a second panel on Sunday at noon - "The Frugal Otaku". Come by to learn how to find affordable DVDs (that aren't bootlegs), merchandise, and more.

And, last but not least, a selection of #anime-classic titles have been requested by Otakon Video Ops. All of the requested titles are being presented on straight-from-R2DVD/LD DVDRs, with convention friendly subtitle placement. Most of our stuff will be running in the oldskool room, though some of it may end up in the family/children friendly area (especially if we get the scripts we've been waiting on for three months....).

I hope to see y'all at the Party at least. Tofu throws wild and crazy ones.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote