View Single Post
Old 2010-01-16, 12:50   Link #93
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Struggle yet again? I've seen him struggle enough this war to finally see him catch a break which Garp should be cause I wouldn't like this to come between them which it should if he's seriously going to try and stop him. If my gramps would stop me of saving my brother, he shouldn't expect me to talk to him anymore afterwards. And even if you disapprove cause you don't like the scenario, it doesn't make it impossible or even unlikely.
Struggle just like he's had to in every other arc. It's called consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I do, else I wouldn't use the term. Moria got punched in the gut to the point that his eye were white and what did we saw of him in return? Nothing. And if I remember right, Kuma got death wink spammed on him and hardly did anything back. You don't need to KO someone to school him and show who is the superior one of the two which Jinbei and Iva were for me though in Kuma's defense I found him a lot more weaker then back at TB and Shaobondy now that he's basicly just an other pacafista.
You don't know what "easily schooled" means.

By your logic, we can say that Crocodile easily schooled Doflamingo and Jozu when he blew them away with his sand storm. Obviously, that's not the case since they were completely fine after that attack. And Moria getting white eyes after taking Jimbei's punch really doesn't mean anything since every character in One Piece gets those eyes whenever they take a powerful hit, and yet they keep coming back to retaliate.

As for your argument of not doing anything back, you don't know that because Oda is constantly only showing brief portions of fights. The fights are always being cut off and then Oda transitions into another scene. But the fact is, Moria and Kuma are still perfectly fine, and that's what ultimately counts, not your interpretation to favor the "good guys".

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
There dirty scheme did gave them an advantage but it hasn't stopped the WB pirates of almost reaching their goal.
It's obvious which side has the advantage here, so I don't need to elaborate on that any further. Also, the goal of the WB pirates is to rescue Ace, not try to overpower the marines and shichibukai. You don't necessarily have to get rid of your opposition to accomplish that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
And each chapter you say it's WB time to shine and he should be the one to free Ace and I think we went over it in the previous chapter discussions alread enough. This chapter WB even goes as far as to tell his men to back up Luffy and show him what lies beyond this age and I doubt Luffy will fail to meet his expectations.
It's a matter of preference. I want Whitebeard to save Ace, and the rest of you want Luffy to save Ace. Here lies the rift between us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Maybe in your opinion, in mine it's more nonsencial and unrealistic to expect Luffy to keep going in circles and have all this marines and shichibukai to keep blocking his path. I didn't ignore it cause I've answered it enough bye now bye saying several times that the WB pirates will stop anybody with interfering with Luffy yet you seem to disagree. And I don't find anything nonsensical and unrealistic about the WB pirates making sure that Luffy will get a chance at doing the job.
It's not going in circles because Luffy is making progress towards his goal. He's almost there, but he shouldn't get to Ace with a "free pass" (if you've read my posts you'll know what I mean by this). This is where the whole debate between us started, and you've really made it unnecessarily complex for yourself.

Here's the problem. A lot of the members here will take and accept anything that Oda gives to them in his story. I'm not like that. If there's BS, I'm going to call it out. Every author is subjected to criticism, and Oda is no exception. It's okay to have an opinion, but don't be blinded by fanboyism.
__________________
Speed is weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline