View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 23:00   Link #248
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I did wrestling for four years in high school and I was rather good at it (for my team and teams I competed against; not compared to very good programs in states like California and Iowa). I used to be in such great shape back in those days. I can't do intense physical work now. I'd fall on the ground, huffing and wheezing. I used to do intense physical workouts from wrestling practice, conditioning during practice, and from wrestling matches.

I did cross country running in 9th grade. It was the first school sport I joined (the only other time I did a sport was kids baseball in 3rd grade). Did the wrestling from 9th grade to 12th grade and kept at it because I was rather good at it. I did football (American football) in 10th grade. I was horrible at it. I was a real lightweight, so the only thing I was good at was running and catching the ball...but I couldn't catch the ball for nothing! In 11th grade and 12th I did track and field. I was alright at some events. I tried pole vaulting. I was terrible at it. Launching yourself with a pole is tricky.