View Single Post
Old 2009-06-13, 03:57   Link #48
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dominion View Post
If anyone is wondering how they moved the Juiz AI, then go back and look at the scene before they enter the building, with the trucks with the huge cylinders on them covered in a tarp.
Right on! Great powers of observation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
I don't see what's "inaccurate" about referring to a machine with a female voice as "herself" and hontai is obviously using the machine body meaning here. The real form/substance meaning is wrong for this because it's like saying "Move Juiz's essence" or "Move Juiz's true personality".
No offense to the subber (whoever he may be ). I even blamed my own laziness.

I've expressed here before my admiration and gratitude for these unsung heroes. Just for this episode alone, somebody must have been up all night, slaving away for my benefit for no thanks or reward. I personally appreciate it tremendously.

In my opinion, this must be a particularly difficult series to sub; high profile, lots of competition, lots of pressure, all those tiny fleeting phone messages.

The examples I cited were very nuanced. I didn't say "inaccurate". I said "not", which is worse. Sorry

I apologize for my inaccuracy in that characterization. "Herself" can certainly be an interpretation of hontai. I myself feel that a more useful interpretation here (like real form/substance) would express the physicality of the expression so that I know it's not a upload of the software (or essence/personality), for instance.

Again, I have the greatest respect for these guys who certainly owe me nothing. I have no right nor intention to bring anybody to task. They have as much right to interpret expressions as they see fit as I do.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2009-06-13 at 06:16.