View Single Post
Old 2010-08-14, 09:58   Link #49
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
Well this episode certainly didn't impress me. I was expecting something more given the rather dramatic title but instead we were given a rather flat piece of drama. It seems to me that drama clearly isn't part of this show's strenghts.

While I can understand why Kaoru was upset with her mothers actions I felt that there was something lacking. I mean running away from home, that just felt weird. Kaoru's reputation (warhead thingie) clearly has some basis in reality. Junichi's reaction of running away from school to look for her also felt somewhat flat, especially when we were given the rather bland resolution scene at the restaurant. That was just anticlimactic.

All in all this episode felt like a rather slow build-up for the final where we will hopefully actually see some more emotion between Kaoru and Junichi. Right now they just feel like two old friends. Well, I still have my hopes for next week.
I also agree with this post and I would like to add: at times, it was meh. But this episode gets a 8/10 because it had some nice scenes also.