View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 23:08   Link #1189
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I wonder if the same thing apply to the books? Is the new shops that now carry Chuunibyou making the request as well? Or it's just that now KyoAni's book department push is more persuasive because of the anime?
In order to get your books into stores, you have to have the stores request them. For them to request them, that's due to either the store getting requests for them to stock and/or people selling the books to the stores themselves. I believe the combination of PV/anime has helped push the KA Esuma label to be better known by the stores as well as increase demand for the novels themselves. The two Chuunibyou novels have been in the top ten selling bunko books on JBOOK all week, so they're selling well. The KyoAni online shop is still taking orders, but they're out of stock until the end of the month. Demand is definitely increasing, and they've increased the number of stores twice since the beginning of the month. If I was on my home computer, I could update the list of stores with the ones added on Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I've become curious regarding the unusual family name of Rikka noticing that it's written "小鳥遊" but you read it "Takanashi". The reading is absolutely different from what the Kanji are commonly or even rarely read, like there doesn't seem to be any connection.

That's a pretty cool family name! Incidentally if Steins;gate taught me well, this is the kind of stuff that is really liked by "chuunibyou", in other words they like to come up with names that have readings completely different from how they are written and are only tied by association of concepts. I'm not completely sure but it might not be a coincidence.

BTW there's another character in this show with an equally peculiar family name: Tsuyuri, written "五月七日" (gogatsu nanoka) which means "May 7". I wonder what's the story behind this one...

Pointless trivia, but I thought that maybe I'm not the only one interested in this.
I'll comment that nameplay is quite big in the novel as well. There's a character named Kazari Kannagi in their class (I've not recognized her in one of the anime designs) whose name is written 巫部風鈴. The joke is that her given name is Kazari, but used with the kanji to say "windchime." Rumor has it that she gets angry if you call her that (Fuurin).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote