View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 08:26   Link #1
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Triple Crown of Moe: A Possibility...

Hello, I'm Benigmatica. I was once a viewer of the AnimeSuki forums since 2010, and now I've recently become a member of this forum.

Anyway, this is the burning question I wanted to ask: Is it possible to have a character win Saimoe, Best Moe, and ISML in a single year?

Since 2009, I've observed the possibility when Taiga won both SaiMoe and Best Moe in the same year. Of course, she didn't win ISML on that year because of a certain Hinagiku from Hayate no Gotoku!

In 2010, the same thing happened with Mio Akiyama from K-On!, winning both ISML and BestMoe on that year. She would be a top contender on SaiMoe 2010, but she was upstaged by Azusa Nakano, winning that tournament.

Even though Azu-nyan won SaiMoe, it seems that the K-On! faction attained what Taiga and Mio hope for: The Triple Crown. Of course, it only counts for the faction and not the character.

It would be possible for Taiga to win ISML and get the Career Grand Slam, but it would not be possible for Mio to win SaiMoe since she can never enter in 2013 and beyond unless Kyoto Animation make a 3rd Season.

Despite having the Triple Crown in 2010, future Moe Tournaments would not have the same feat as the K-On! faction, given the different rules and regulations between the three tournaments.

I would suggest to make a cooperation between the three tournaments and pitch the idea of a Triple Crown, but they won't listen, especially SaiMoe and BestMoe due to language barrier.

So anyway, I hope you understand what I'm delivering to you guys and gals. Comments are welcome from this thread.