View Single Post
Old 2012-10-29, 06:44   Link #144
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
It's not a matter of medium, but target audience... I agree that the source material can be transformed into a family-friendly parade, when stripped of its essential topics to fuel SF-like discussions over trivial matters.
There will ALWAYS be changes necessary when adapting a written work to an visual/audio format, especially when dealing with lengthy materials. Stuff are changed all the time for one reason or another. Like I said, deal with it.

Quote:
I always found that the people disagreeing with me not obnoxious, but interesting... then again, I guess that's because I want to learn from people who have opposing views, instead of insult them
Until they kept bringing the same old tired stuff up again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...

THAT is why it's obnoxious.

Quote:
That's trivial, and convenient for all whiners... the anime need not to be graphic or explicit, as long as it clearly implied (and not showed) the reason for easing Satoru's stress... I really don't understand why people freak out about such things... I (as most of you) definitely don't want to see a blowjob, handjob, or whatever... BUT! I want to watch a consistent story and setting, as long as it abides to the original theme and mood... now if the anime's production stuff is not up for the challenge (transcending the medium and its requirements), maybe they should have chosen another novel/manga/whatever to adapt.

For me, the bottom-line is that both the anime and the manga do not treat their source with respect
Yet you completely ignore reality. Fact of the matter is, why don't YOU go try to broadcast something OVER THE AIR that depicts (or even imply) TWELVE YEAR OLDS HAVING SEX, and see how far you get.

You can go on and on forever about the consistent story setting to the original material all you want, won't change that big fat Denied stamp on your proposal.

and frankly, the only ones that have been freaking out are the people who kept complaining that they "toned down" the scene, as if that's some major revelation that changed the entire story.

Quote:
Let's not forget that the anime from ep.4 to ep.5, not only f*cked up its visual aspect, but ignored the story it presented, in favor of political correctness.
episode 5 has a lot of problems, the least of which is the lack of kiddy sex.

Quote:
PS: Please don't point me neither as an advocate of ecchi, nor as a supporter of 1-1 adaption, because if you look into my posts from the last 8 years, you will see that independent of what mods try to push as a verdict, I try to voice an unbiased options, suffering the consequences.
You are however, seemingly ignorant of the reality on the ground. The kind of demands you're making simply isn't reasonable.